Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Mud Monsters

I decided to do a Game Artisans Mini challenge last minute. I cut it close but was able to get it submitted. Instructions were to make a mud monster using zbrush or mudbox.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Unearthly Challenge Submit

It's finally over, we submitted today. Bobby put some really cool sheets together to display our textures and final images below. All of the concepts below were created by Bobby St. Aubin. Dusty and I were responsible for the 3d assets.



Some of my individual pieces for this competition-

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Pumpkin Carving

Terminal is having a pumpkin carving contest and I decided to EJ.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to graphic design

Taking a break from 3d aside from work. Logo for contract...

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Unearthly Challenge

The Unearthly Challenge has started.
Our Polycount thread below-

Thursday, September 4, 2008

More Zbrush Practice



The game Castle Crashers came out, so sculpt

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Brothers in Arms art

Even though the game comes out at the end of the month, some of my art has already been featured in trailers. I'm going to post up what I have seen so far and put up the rest when the game comes out.

Structures:

Props and stuff:

Modular Assets creation:


Unreal PhAT, the visual physics modeling tool built into UnrealEd supports creation of optimized collision primitives for models and skeletal animated meshes. There are many complex destructible objects in BIA and building them took entirely too much time. The problem is tweaking collision geoms in Unreal when you have 30 plus sim-able pieces per object. I was able to work with one of the programmers, Rick Johnson to make the destruction system more artist friendly. The ability to modify your collision in 3dsmax also saved us an enormous amount of breaker development time. You could say I helped in making every physics object in the game. Some of my breakers below -



Rear head wound that was made using Benny's Steep Parallax tech. This was expensive causing us to go with a non-directional lighting for this decal. This would have been great to see on the dead soldiers, but we ran out of time and weren't able to implement it. Thanks to Jo Espinoza, the heads currently rake in half depending on the weapon used.

Monday, August 18, 2008

High Poly Stuff

It's been a while since I've had time to do any personal artwork. We have all been using Zbrush alot more at work after being inspired by the Dallas Diverge Worshop. I went through the Gnomonology tutorial: Sculpting a rockface by Vibol Moeung and wanted to apply what I had learned. So I made this Post Apocolyptic weapon below. It's a mallet made out of a cracked piece of rock with rebar and wrapped in duct tape.


focusing on anatomy and stuff-

Friday, February 29, 2008

Proton Beam Test

In the spirit of the Ghostbusters game, I came up with this clip below. I wanted to try compositing my own version of the proton beam. I started making a 3d version but it took way too long to get the particles to look right. In the end, AE was the way to go and the results were pretty good.

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Continuing Work on Ghostbusters

Last week I came back to Terminal Reality to finish working on the Ghostbusters project. I am very passionate about this project, and I'm excited to finish what I started. It was an extremely difficult decision to leave Gearbox. I am happy to have participated in some of the core work on Brothers in Arms:Hell's Highway. The game is close to completion and the remaining months are polish time for the rest of the team. BIA is going to be a great title for Gearbox as well as the remaining titles to be released over the next few years. (Borderlands and Aliens) I will miss the friends that I have made at Gearbox.

Here's some of my GB work featured in these screenshots on IGN-